The successful management of wealth, both personal and professional, takes time and resource – two commodities which modern individuals and companies have less and less of each day. As the two have dwindled over the years, many have increasingly turned to wealth management groups to help create, protect and enhance their wealth.
Wealth management groups typically provide a number of services such as financial advice and investment solutions to private individuals, businesses, charities and trusts. These services are specifically designed around the needs and circumstances of the client. As a result some wealth managers only target “high-net-worth” and “ultra high-net-worth” individuals, whereas others make their services more widely available to people with a lower asset base. The services and advice provided by wealth management groups are usually chargeable, with each group having different fee structures and ways in which fees are paid.
Typical wealth management solutions may include:
- Creation of tax-efficient investment portfolios and the on-going management of them to deliver an agreed investment objective
- Tax planning schemes that use tax efficient investment instruments to minimise a private individuals’ exposure to income tax, inheritance tax and capital gains tax
- Corporate tax planning advice
- Retirement planning solutions that ensure you have a comfortable retirement
- Advice to employers and employees on auto enrolment in to a workplace pension scheme
- Protection for your family and your home in the event of illness and loss of income, including private medical insurance arrangements
- Savings schemes for school/university fees and for grandchildren
- Sourcing and arrangement of mortgage finance for home purchase
About the Author
Brooks Macdonald Group plc is an AIM listed, integrated, wealth management group which consists of six principal companies providing a range of services including discretionary asset management, fund management, financial advisory, employee benefits consultancy, stock broking, retirement planning services and estate management. The Group has offices in London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Hale, Leamington Spa, York, Hampshire, Taunton and Tunbridge Wells, as well as offshore in Jersey and Guernsey.
To learn more about the Group please visit www.brooksmacdonald.com or call us on 020 7499 6424.