Oncology Pharmacist | Pharmacy | Band 7 depending on experience | Southampton| Full Time hours
Spire Southampton Hospital is recruiting for a Clinical Pharmacist to join us on a permanent basis. This role will work within our Oncology team. The department covers all categories of pharmacy including oncology. The small supportive team, make this a fantastic department to work in. We are happy to consider candidates from a community or hospital background as long as you have the enthusiasm and passion to further develop yourself and your career.
Spire Southampton provides a wide range of services including day care, inpatient and outpatient services. The main activity is elective (planned) surgery, and more complex procedures such as cardiac and spinal surgery are supported by the onsite critical care facilities.
The hospital works in partnership with local NHS acute hospital trusts, for example in recent provision of robotic surgery, and there is a large refurbished outpatient department along with extensive diagnostic imaging services.
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide an exemplary pharmacy service in accordance with current legislation accepted professional and ethical standards and clinical requirements.
- To be responsible for leading, managing and delivering the specialist pharmacy service of oncology.
- Ensure timely and accurate charging of medicines
- Provide advice and clear instructions to patients that require discharge medication
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, professional and best practice frameworks
- Be a proactive member of the Hospital’s pharmacy team
Who we’re looking for
- Degree in Pharmacy, Min 5 years post grad experience
- Must be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Hospital experience
- Oncology experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate well with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital
- Experience of dispensing medicines and experience of medicines management in a hospital setting
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform – discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Penny Lawless on 07715055760 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For us, it’s more than just treating patients; it’s about looking after people.