Ward Sister | Surgical Ward | Band 6 equivalent- dependent on experience | Hove| Training and Development opportunities
Are you a Senior Nurse looking for your next career move or perhaps you are already working in a similar capacity? If so, The Montefiore Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Ward Sister to join our experienced and dynamic team. Working with a wide variety of specialisms you will be able to develop your clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment. You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the regions most experienced Consultants, covering a varied and diverse caseload.
The Montefiore Hospital is rated “Outstanding” by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We practice some of the most advanced treatments on the latest generation imaging, and diagnostic technology. This means we can offer everything from screening and rehabilitation through to leading-edge surgical procedures and excellence in specialist fields like orthopaedics, cardiology and general surgery all delivered through our expert and caring clinical team. The hospital is well positioned to maximise the excellent local public transport. There are buses that stop in the vicinity and is also walking distance of both Hove and Brighton train station
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the team which includes clinical and non-clinical personnel to provide the highest standards of care, safety and service to patients, relatives and other customers such Consultants, using a philosophy of care endorsed within the hospital which will be underpinned by policy, procedures, protocols, business strategies and imperatives
- Provide clinical leadership of the highest calibre to ensure the highest standards of nursing care are consistently provided to all patients attending the clinical setting
- You will also develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety, security and infection control, lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices and plan, allocate, assess, and provide feedback to team members
Who we’re looking for:
- Current NMC registration with no restriction on practise
- Experience of working within Surgical/HDU/ERU settings
- Good management experience in a similar role, with proven ability to lead a team and develop nursing services
- With excellent organisational and communication skills they will also be required to manage a complex service while ensuring a gold standard of care for all patients throughout their stay
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform – discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sherine Lowers on firstname.lastname@example.org
For us, it’s more than just treating patients; it’s about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications