Surgical Wards | Band 6 equivalent | Clare Park Hospital | Farnham | Full time with Flexible Working Hours | Fully Funded Training Programmes
Spire Clare Park Hospital has some exciting opportunities for a Ward Sister to join our dynamic and experienced nursing team on the night shifts.
Spire Clare Park is an elective hospital situated in Farnham that has recently been rated as good by the CQC. We offer a range of surgical specialties which includes; Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Cosmetic, Urology, Dermatology and ENT.
Duties and responsibilities
- To lead the team, which includes clinical and non-clinical personnel, to provide the highest standards of care, safety and service to patients, relatives and consultants
- You will use a philosophy of care endorsed within the hospital which will be underpinned by policy, procedures, protocols, business strategies and imperatives
- You will also provide clinical leadership of the highest calibre to ensure the highest standards of nursing care are consistently provided to all
- You will also develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety, security and infection control
- You will lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices and plan, allocate, assess and provide feedback to team members
- You will be required to work night shifts predominantly, but ideally have the flexibility to work days should the need arise
Who we’re looking for
The successful candidate will have current NMC registration, good management experience in a similar role, with proven ability to lead a team and develop nursing services. With excellent organisational and communication skills they will also be required to manage a complex service while ensuring a gold standard of care for all patients throughout their stay.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays, this will increase to 35 on 1st January 2020
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform – discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Free annual BUPA wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 8 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For us, it’s more than just treating patients; it’s about looking after people.
For further information about this role or if this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Elena Tsoneva on 07921 065 874 or firstname.lastname@example.org