Scrub/Anaesthetic/Recovery | Norwich | Band 5/6 equivalent | Flexible hours – no nights or Sundays | Fully Funded Training Programs
Spire Norwich Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a multi skilled Theatre Practitioner, with a focus on General Scrub, to join our expanding team. You will support across a variety of operations including Orthopaedics, ENT, Cosmetic Surgery and Gynae.
Spire Norwich Hospital holds a long-standing reputation for providing high quality, comprehensive private hospital care. Our facilities are excellent, and the hospital is staffed by a valued team of highly skilled professionals. We have 3 modern Theatre suites, a state-of-the-art Outpatient service and 2 wards, comprising of 70 beds, covering a range of specialities including Surgery, Day care and HDU, which provides a dynamic and stimulating environment for our highly motivated team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare patients for surgery
- Review patient charts and confirm data
- Ensure medical equipment needed for surgery is available
- Follow surgeon’s directions
- Pass medical equipment/s to the surgeon
- Monitor patient’s condition during surgery
- Cover Anaesthetic duties as and when required
Who we’re looking for
- Registered Nurse/Operating Department Practitioner with Scrub experience
- Experience of working in teams and with minimum supervision
- Competence across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration/practitioner qualification
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (this will increase to 35 as of 1st January 2020)
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform – discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Free annual Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or if this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please email Hannah Radford athannah.RADFORD@spirehealthcare.com.
For us, it’s more than just treating patients; it’s about looking after people