Surgical Nurse | Surgical Ward | Band 5 equivalent depending on experience | Manchester | Permanent nights
Spire Parkway Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated Night Nurse to join our busy surgical ward. We are based just a few miles south of Birmingham city centre with easy access to the motorway network.
We have completed a £9 million development programme that included a state-of-the-art Spire Specialist Care Centre and new Endoscopy Suite. It also had a total refurbishment of the hospital’s 51 bedrooms as well as one of its five operating theatres. The Spire Specialist Care Centre offers treatment for a wide range of cancers as well a Rapid Access Breast Clinic and a One-Stop Haematuria Clinic.
Duties and responsibilities
The Hospital covers a wide variety of surgical procedures, you will support in assessing patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient’s needs. You will actively promote best practice and contribute towards quality improvements, collect collate and organise data, interpret all of the information and make a justifiable assessment, making this available to relevant others.
Who we’re looking for
- Be NMC registered – your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Have a minimum of 12 months recent surgical hospital experience
- Patient focused and passionate about quality of care
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (This will increase to 35 on 1st Jan 2020)
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform – discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Maxine.Cassidy@spirehealthcare.com
For us, it’s more than just treating patients; it’s about looking after people.