Location: Leicester – Bede Island
Dept: Assets – DLO
Hours: 35 hours per week 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Permanent, full time.
Closing date : 21/06/2011
Interviews: w/c 28th June or 5th July,
PA Housing is an award-winning provider of affordable, quality homes, but our business is about more than property – it’s about people. We put our customers at the heart of everything we do and offer first class services to everyone.
Our business is built around decades of experience in the social housing sector across the Midlands, London, Home Counties and the South East. We hold a stock of more than 24,000 homes and employ 600 plus staff to provide a high standard of service to our householders.
Our success and our plans for the future would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff members. Every one of our employees help to make a difference to the lives of our residents and other local people, and we look after our team members well.
We are looking for an individual to join the DLO team with an aptitude for responsive repairs scheduling within the social housing sector. The Direct Labour Organisation (DLO) has a fantastic reputation for providing repairs, maintenance and void works across the Midlands.
The DLO Scheduling and Administration team consists of 6 team members working across responsive repairs scheduling, void administration and invoice processing, we operate across 2 office bases in Leicester and Northampton. The team allocates repairs and void works to approximately 25 multi trade operatives and electricians.
We schedule repairs and void works across the midlands, including Northamptonshire, Warwickshire and Leicestershire utilising in house labour and specialist sub-contractors.
We want to hear from you if;
- You have a passion for scheduling responsive repairs and maintenance
- Your attention to detail is exceptional
- You are customer centric
- You have experience with scheduling software
- You work well in a team
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are driven by doing the right thing
- You have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and the will to learn and develop
- You can follow processes
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to work as an integral part of a dedicated team.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have three values we work by. When we meet, we’ll need you to show us how they are important to you too.
We always do the right thing: We offer the best quality service that we can.
We’re there when you need us: We listen and take action ensuring we deliver on our promises.
We never give up: We are courageous in our pursuit of growth to provide more quality affordable homes.
What we have to offer:
We recognise that people are at the heart of our business and that success is dependent on enthusiastic and committed colleagues. We make sure everyone feels supported and encourage a culture of opportunity and learning to enable colleagues to fulfil their potential and make a real difference to peoples’ lives every day.
Working for PA is incredibly rewarding. Everyone in our team makes a difference to people in the diverse and vibrant communities we serve.
In return, we reward our staff for their dedication by offering competitive salaries and an excellent range of employee benefits including:
- Generous pension scheme
- Health Cash plan for discounted optical, dental and health
- Perkbox – High street discounts
- Long Service Awards
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- 26 days annual leave entitlement per annum plus bank holidays (pro rated for part time roles) With the possibility for colleagues to buy or sell a maximum of 35 hours in annual leave year subject to certain conditions
- Successful to completion of your probationary period, we offer our colleagues an interest Free Loan of up to £5,000 to assist with general living cost
- Opportunities to develop your career through internal and external training, professional qualifications, career coaching etc.
- As a Not-for-profit organisation, we recognise the importance of charitable work and volunteering – therefore PA Housing will match fund money raised by our Colleagues for any registered charity that aligns with PA values.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, PA Housing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
We’re happy to consider flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
AGENCIES: We know where you are if we need your support so please do not contact us