Registered Manager Vacancy – 3 Bedded SEMH Children’s Home – Earnings up to £52,000 per annum
Job title: Registered Children’s Home Manager
Location: Accrington, East Lancashire
Home name: Hawthorn, part of Hexagon Care Services
Service: 3 bedded, mixed gender, SEMH Children’s Home
Salary: £41,500 – £48,500 depending on experience
Bonus: on target earnings of £3,500 per annum
We are seeking to appoint a Registered Manager to join our team at Hawthorn Children’s Home in East Lancashire. Our Children’s home is located in between Accrington and Oswaldtwistle, easily accessible from the M65 and surrounding areas such as Preston, Blackburn, and Burnley. Hawthorn is a specialist residential home for children with SEMH that houses up to 3 young people, either male or female aged 11-17.
The staffing structure of the home is comprised of an experienced Deputy Manager, Senior Residential Support Workers, Residential Support Workers, and casual staff. This residential home has high aspirations for the children it supports and seeks to appoint a registered manager who can drive their home forward to achieve the best for the young people in this service.
You will have had experience of managing a residential children’s service or are looking to step up from a deputy manager position currently. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applicants with a background of only working with adults or domiciliary care. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of meeting the regulatory requirements with Ofsted and a good understanding of how to lead a team in line with legislation.
We are looking for a Registered Manager who understands the challenges that this role brings but also understands the rewards. Our Registered Managers are commercial and compassionate leaders, able to motivate and develop their staff team to ensure that the young people we care for have the best care experience possible. You will have the vision and leadership to take this home forward with the backing and support from your RI, in addition to a supportive head-office team covering referrals, finance, HR, maintenance, IT and recruitment which is all done in-house.
- QCF Level 3 Residential Childcare/Level 3 Diploma Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services in the children and young people’s residential management pathway (either obtained or willing to work towards)
- Experience at Manager/Deputy level specifically within a residential home for children (specifically a minimum of 2 years within the last 5 years in a role relevant to the residential care of children)
What you’ll get in return as a Registered Manager at Hawthorn
- 36 days annual leave (Inc bank holidays)
- Specialist CPD certified training and accredited qualifications
- Increased annual leave for 100% attendance
- Access to free, confidential 24/7 employee assistant programme
- Cashback healthcare plan allowing you to claim back on medical, dental and similar appointments
- Free meals, snacks and drinks on shift for all residential staff.
- Access to support services at Head Office, all employed by Hexagon (Maintenance, Finance, Recruitment, Referrals, HR, IT, Marketing)
Hexagon Care Services reserve the right to close this advert at any time. Please apply at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
If you have any questions about this role, please do not hesitate to contact our recruitment manager called Zander via WhatsApp – 07866 889204 [No recruitment agencies please]