Lockton is the world’s largest privately held independent insurance broker. Their focus is to provide their clients with the best in risk management, insurance and employee benefits consulting.
Lockton currently have an opportunity in the Mid-Market Solicitors team. Your primary responsibility would be the handling of a renewal portfolio and providing support to the Business Unit (BU) Partner for both their new business and renewal production together with data reporting and analytics to BU Heads. There will be full training and support in the role and you have the opportunity of working towards a fully funded professional qualification. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market-leading broker and either start or progress your career in a specialist area of Insurance.
This role is suitable for Graduate level candidates or those with a base of experience in Corporate Insurance already; You will need to demonstrate a flexible approach and a willingness to learn.
The overall purpose of the role is the provision of data reporting and analytics to BU Heads together with account management services for existing Lockton clients and support to the BU Partner for both their renewal portfolio and new business production. You will have systems and operations oversight of key business systems and platforms critical to BU Operations.
Key tasks and responsibilities within the role will include:
- Provision of the day-to-day servicing of a client’s insurance programme to support retention and development of the business – typically wholesale clients initially
- Providing support to the BU Partner on their renewal portfolio and new business production
- Data reporting and analytics on the portfolio
- Management of our new business CRM
- Providing assistance to Divisional Operations for reports and analytics
- Preparation of market and client documentation
- Check policy documentation for accuracy prior to issue to the client in accordance with regulations and in line with Lockton procedures
- Deal effectively (and to the satisfaction of the client and the market) with queries, including but not limited to changes in cover and risk
- Prompt and accurate resolution of account queries
- Identify the risk exposures and advise on insurance and risk management solutions in consultation with the BU Partner
Competencies required in the role include:
- A good basic knowledge of Excel is essential for this role, full training will be provided to develop your knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage time, priorities and ensure deadlines are met without compromising quality
- To have an eye for detail, to be inquisitive and prepared to learn quickly
- Competence in the other Microsoft Office suite is beneficial
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation
- Ability to build and maintain good business relationships with clients, insurers and other associates
- Demonstrate an understanding of when to proceed alone and when to involve appropriate associates
Long term prospects:
The role will offer a foundation for the applicant to gain exposure and experience in one of the most progressive departments within Lockton. It will provide an obvious career path of becoming an integral part of the team and of Lockton. Performance will dictate progression, but the business will help support the applicants long term goals, if already known, or later in your career.
The role of an Account Executive will be to gain and possess the skills to become a competent associate within the team and handle the data reporting requirements for the team as well as managing their own portfolio of clients. Dealing with a range of clients but predominantly a volume of smaller renewals will build the sales, technical and negotiation skills to maintain client relationships and become a trusted advisor.
Lockton attract the best professionals to come and work with us who are excited by our unique culture that values respect, ethical, moral and caring approach, in fact our Associates are our greatest asset. Many of our associates have worked for Lockton in excess of 20 years.