Job Title: Head of Zero Harm Strategy
Reports To: Head of Safety
GTR is creating a new business strategy and organisation to deliver its aspirations for the franchise.
- Define the industry standard in service delivery and customer experience
- Build a sustainable high-performance organisation
- Deliver on our commitments to our stakeholders
This will be achieved by:
- Delivering ‘brilliant basics’ – doing what we do exceptionally well, day in, day out
- Shifting perceptions – making our customers, colleagues and stakeholders vocal advocates and promoters of GTR
- Building strong partnerships and relationships – developing true partnerships and strong relationships with all those we work with and for
Championing the newly launched GTR Zero Harm strategy, this is an experienced and engaging Safety professional who will have a key role in influencing the leadership team to own and deliver safety in their areas of responsibility.
This individual will have demonstrable and successful change management experience gained with relevant Zero Harm management experience / capability in a similar business environment.
A superb relationship builder and influencer, this individual will champion the Zero Harm ethos across the business and wider industry, striving for GTR to be industry leaders in this field.
They will need to interact with, support and coach front line managers and team leaders across our network to drive accountability and support behavioural change with regards to safety responsibility. They will role model the desired Safety Leadership behaviours and will look to foster a culture that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do.
They will have intolerance to complacency and will challenge ‘traditional’ thinking, championing continuous improvement.
- Design the zero harm safety strategy and delivery plan for GTR
- Engage and enthuse all GTR employees to embed a zero harm culture within GTR
- Act as the conscience of the business for this key strategic activity and be the ‘go to’ person on all matters relating to this
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders to ensure effective and timely communication of Zero Harm information
- Work with the Communications Project Manager to establish the communications needs for the programme so everyone understands the part they play in delivering the strategy
- Coach and support frontline managers to drive accountability for safety responsibility
- Continually monitor performance against clearly defined success measures
- Support safety leads in the business to deliver against the strategy
- Champion the zero harm initiative with internal and external stakeholders
- Gain insight from data and external benchmarking to facilitate a continuous improvement approach
- Liaise with stakeholders across the business to build and sustain a zero harm culture
- Champion the Zero Harm Strategy which delivers our ambition to reach a stretching 50% improvement in safety performance by the end of 2021
- Drive a step change improvement in our safety culture that is reflected in our staff engagement including the company’s safety culture survey results and employee survey
- Oversee the design and delivery of an enhanced safety governance framework that drives accountability and excellence across all levels of the organisation
- Work alongside the business area leads and safety colleagues to drive excellent compliance levels across the company that our reflected in our externally verified assurance activities
- Deliver an enhanced safety communications and engagement programme that normalises the discussion on Zero Harm/Safety across the workforce
- Work alongside key internal stakeholders (including training) to establish an enhanced safety competence framework
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
The job demands the following blend of experience/knowledge, skills and behaviours (all are essential, unless otherwise shown and will be assessed by application and/or interview/assessment):
- Experience of leading similar programmes in other organisations with a track record of delivery
- Significant experience in relation to critical risk management, incident investigation & root cause analysis
- Strategic thinker, able to develop compelling strategies and plans
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and engagement skills and the ability to build and manage effective relationships with key stakeholders to achieve the best safety outcomes for the business
- Experience in driving innovation and change in an established industry or organisation
- Excellent knowledge of general business processes and organisational frameworks, such as goals, strategy, culture and structure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership, people and team management skills
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and Chartered Membership status of the Institute of Occupational Health and Safety