Deputy Manager On Shift Vacancy – Mulberry Rise, Coventry – 2 Bedded Therapeutic Home
Location: Tile Hill, Coventry (CV4)
Job title: Deputy Manager On Shift
Salary: £33,750 – £37,400 depending on experience and qualification
Bonus: up to £1500 per annum
Hours: 45 hours per week (37hours on shift, 8hours in the office)
Start Date: May 2023
About Hexagon Care
Hexagon Care Services are the largest family owned, private provider of residential childcare in the country. We have over 50 Children’s Homes, 6 Crisis Intervention services, and 12 schools across England.
We are opening a brand-new children’s home in the Tile Hill area of Coventry (CV4). Our home is a few miles West of Coventry City Centre and is easily accessible to other areas, showing within 30 minutes’ drive from Solihull and Birmingham.
This new children’s home will be a 2 bedded home following a therapeutic model of care, supported by our very own psychologists. The therapy team work closely with the staff and young people in our therapy homes, they have extensive knowledge and understanding of children with complex needs and will be working with both staff and young people to ensure the delivery of care consistently meets the needs of the young people.
We are seeking to appoint a deputy manager on shift to assist the registered manager with the running of the home. We specifically require a qualified candidate who has previously been a senior support worker/team leader or Deputy Manager within a children’s home. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications from candidates without this experience.
If you one day want to be a registered manager of a children’s home, Hexagon Care Services have an ‘Aspiring Leadership Programme’ (ALP) which is an internal training programme delivered by our award-winning learning & development team. New managers and deputies can enrol on ALP if they wish to enhance their CPD and develop their knowledge, skills, and experiences to further their careers in the residential childcare sector. As deputy manager, you will have the option to join the next ALP cohort should you have aspirations to be a manager.
We have a YouTube video explaining a typical day in one of our therapeutic children’s homes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahn2f6aKC5g
Hexagon Care Services understand staff are our most important asset and we invest heavily on the training and CPD opportunities on offer. We have an award-winning internal learning and development team who orchestrate a full suite of face-to-face training. If career progression is important to you, Hexagon are a large organisation with many opportunities for progression and development.
Essential Criteria for the role:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working specifically in a residential home for children, we cannot consider candidates with a background of adult care, domiciliary care, school/EYFS experience
- Full UK driving licence
- QCF Level 3 Residential Childcare/Level 3 Diploma Children and Young People’s Workforce (or equivalent)
The benefits you can expect as a Deputy Manager working for Hexagon Care:
- Progressive pay scale based on experience, qualifications, and performance
- Access to our Aspiring Leadership Programme (ALP) in-house training for deputy manager that one day want to run their own service. Supplements the Level 5 in leadership and management. There is increased remuneration for enrolling onto ALP
- 33 days total annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Specialist CPD certified training and accredited qualifications free of charge
- Increased annual leave for 100% attendance
- Ofsted Outstanding bonus
- Access to free, confidential 24/7 employee assistant programme
- Cashback healthcare plan allowing you to claim back on medical, dental and similar appointments
- Free meals, snacks and drinks on shift for all residential staff.
Hexagon Care Services reserve the right to close this advert at any time. Please apply at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our recruitment manager, Zander via firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp 07866 889204 (no agencies please)