What’s the role all about?
We have an exciting new role that’s just opened up at Depaul working as the Business Development Officer.This key role involves coordination of business development activities to help us expand our housing and support services nationwide.
The post holder will support Depaul to identify, robustly appraise and bid for new opportunities and to retain existing contracts, as well as leading on the due diligence checking of contracts and sub-contracting arrangements.
The post can be based in our Manchester, London or North East office.
Who are we?
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness.
We provide services that:
- Prevent homelessness
- Increase the resilience of those we work with
- Energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering
- We’re dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community
What makes this role exciting?
- A full induction and opportunity to visit our projects
- An induction to our service model Endeavour
- Training in database management
- Encouragement to use your initiative, and as a result opportunities to feel proud of your personal contributions to the charity
- Access to a total rewards package including a health plan and generous pension contributions
What will ideally support your success in this role?
- Experience or awareness of income generating activities
- Experience of delivering in a deadline-driven work environment plus knowledge of project management tools and techniques
- Knowledge of both the local authority and central government commissioning environments
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- High competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases
You can read more about the role in the attached job description.
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
You’ll be joining a friendly, flexible and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
To apply: Please apply via our website by Sunday 26th January at 23:59
Depaul strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. If you require information to be sent to you in an alternative format please let us know by contacting email@example.com or 0207 939 1270.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients.
We kindly request no unsolicited contact from recruitment or media agencies.